Friday, December 7, 2012

AS THREE QUARTERS FADES IN THE RAINY DUSK

treatment number 9 has concluded!
only 3 left,
such a tiny, manageable number...

I owe a post for number 8, also.
as that one finished up on Thanksgiving, I thought it fitting to make a list of all that I am thankful for.
as I formed the list in my mind, it grew longer and more formidable, and my great of leaving any thing or any one out grew.... I think it is important to shout your thanks into the wind, so that
list is coming....

for now I head into the busy, yet enjoyable holiday season, counting the days until this road is done for me, and I can go back to being a person, to leave being a cancer patient behind, move on to that honored club of cancer survivors, and hopefully leave that behind too.

I am a person, with a bump in his road, almost behind him,
and so much ahead.

4 comments:

  1. thumbs up buddy.
    sasquatch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rule, Jeremy. Well said, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tig_Notaro

    Have you heard of this comic? She did the hilarious "Taylor Dayne" story on This American Life, and just this August did an amazing, totally improvised half-hour stand up set about being diagnosed with cancer the day or two before. She threw out every joke she had written and just told her story...somehow it was still funny. Listen now or maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing great man! Emily and I have you in our thoughts. Super vibes from both of us! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete