Tuesday, September 11, 2012

GEARING UP FOR ROUND 3

It's the eve of my third treatment,
and I'm feeling a little nervous about it.
Even though round 2 went a lot smoother than round 1,
it was still no sunny day at the lake.

The real trouble here is this:
before round 1, I was coming back from Aruba,
I was about as strong and energized as I could get.
Then, for round 2, I was just heading back to work (no kids yet, right? just getting ready for the first day of school) and the adrenaline and excitement of starting the school year kept me afloat
but now? eek.  I've been with students for 6 days, one more to go before treatment,
and I'm pooped.
Completely warn out.

I'm a little worried about going in to this without being close to 100%.
not even close. 70%? maybe. If I'm lucky.

I have to trust

that all of the support is in place,
that I've got a massive brigade of people looking out for me,
that it's only 4 or 5 days of feeling lousy
that the end is not far away...
that treatment #3 out of 12, that really means I'm a quarter of the way done.

that I can do this.

8 comments:

  1. You can do it! Its NOT fun and its NOT easy, but this poison is your own person warrior again a horrible enemy called cancer. These treatments are what will help ensure you get to teach again next year, you get to make it to a 20 your wedding anniversary, you get to see your daughter at her wedding. Treatments are not fun, but then look at the alternative. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never met, I work with your FIL (Richard)....I hope you don't mind that I've been reading along the way. I send you all my positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes you CAN do it, and you WILL do it with all that positive energy. You have an amazing outlook on life and your glass is always 1/2 full, never 1/2 empty. Cheers to being 25% done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and GOOD LUCK to you!! Get some R&R in before school on Tuesday! I'll be a better parent helper next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping all goes well...can't wait to see #3 cup smashed to bits! (If you need more parent help, even though my kids aren't in your class OR in your school, give me a holler!)

    Izzy sends her best wishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing that 3rd cup...and 1/4 done is great. Keep up your good attitude, this will be over soon...(but not soon enough)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been missing your updates but thinking of you. Sending love from the same coast as you, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do this, Jeremy! Kemper used to envision a whole LOTR-style elf army wiping out his cancer. When he felt crappy, he would remind himself that that feeling was his chemo angels at war.

    ReplyDelete