Sunday, January 6, 2013

JUST ONE MORE

I am thrilled to be able to say that I have only one more treatment left
and  then a few scans and a few blood tests and then....
THIS LITTLE BLIP WILL BE NOTHING BUT REAR VIEW MIRROR!

Treatment #11 went pretty well.
Driving in to the doctor on Wednesday, my anxiety levels were pretty high. I was really not looking forward
to going through all this again.  It was all the power of negative thinking.... we had been talking a fair
amount about how hard the last few treatments have been, they were really catching up with me,
taking a lot longer to bounce back, extra days in bed, blucky blucky blucky...

well all that talk didn't help. I started to believe it, I started to out-think myself. I started to let the negative in.
BUT, once I realized I was doing that, I was able to kick all that junk out of my brain,
flex my brainial biceps, and show that negative thinking who was boss.....
oh, and I took a lot of lorazepam..... and some anti-nausea meds...

SOOOOOO.... it's a toss up really,

power of positive thinking
                 vs.
modern pharmaceuticals


....we may never know, but what IS important is that round 11 is not only OVER
but it wasn't so BAD.  It wasn't an ice cream sundae either, but it wasn't bad.....

My super friend Tracy helped out with the cup smashing ceremony this time:







if only chemo could always be this fun......

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome, Jeremy.

    "power of positive thinking
    vs.
    modern pharmaceuticals"

    And that just says it all!

    ReplyDelete