Friday, January 18, 2013

On this, the 12, and last chemo treatment...

some things that I am grateful for today, in no particular order:


  • an easier trip this time around
  • that "beep beep beep" sound saying the pump is empty
  • my wonderful wife, who is just as emotional as I am today, and keeps saying "we can do anything, this shows we can do anything"
  • my wonderful daughter who, in her three-and-three-quarters wisdom keeps saying "Papa looks so unusual! He looks so unusual, we can see his chin!"
  • the house refinance meeting which started out with a lovely gift in celebration of me, and not the house, a lovely, thoughtful (and delicious) bottle of Macallan 12 year old scotch...ah, the symbolism! hope it isn't illegal....
  • the oncologist's office calling to say that Wednesday's blood draw for tumor markers came back normal (even the one that test for ovarian cancer....phew)
  • the note from my old best friend wishing she could be here, and reminding us of the new importance of the number 12
  • hot shower (twice)
  • the nurses at the oncologists office bursting in to applause when I stopped by to drop off my pump, forever.
  • a new friend and tattoo artist, willing to shuffle around her schedule for a new special tattoo
  • the beginning of a return to my new life, after...





3 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT! YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DID IT! I know how excited my mom was to finish, and I think you topped her excitement. Onward and upward. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A million hugs and cheers for you and yours. xo

    ReplyDelete