Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chemo #2: too early to tell...

So, I'm strapped to the bag again...
a little different this time.
After last treatment's rollercoaster ups and crashing downs,
due to the pre-treatment of steroids,
we've changed the cocktail a bit this time around:
namely, we ditched the steroid.

Two weeks ago, at this time, I was feeling great... feeling like it was all cake,
and then the next morning, after a sleepless night, I was feeling like I was on speed.
Then of course, the crash came in the afternoon.

This time, I'm already feeling the glunk slurping into my body.  Feeling a little wobbly.
Just a little, a little fuzzy around the edges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been back in my classroom OFFICIALLY since Monday,
although I unofficially put three days in last week.
It's a bit of a relief being there,
it's also a bit hard.  Tiring doing the work,
tiring being in public again, telling my story,
breaking the news to people who haven't heard yet,
or
being glad bumping into people who don't know, and being glad not telling them.
maintaining normalcy.

It will be a whole different animal putting out the energy to 29 kids.
We'll see what that's like soon enough.
I'm grateful to have a great class.

5 comments:

  1. Yo! You better call me whenever you need help with anything! If you need me to come in and organize your books I'll do it and enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this! I can't speak for all the parents, but I am offering up Bryce and I whenever you need help. You just have to get really good at asking this year, and we'll practice offering it up regularly. Seriously, you have a support crew if you need anything! (Do you like how I am assuming we get to spend another year with you? Crap, things will get ugly around here tomorrow if your name isn't on that letter!) Hang in there, get some rest this weekend, and I sure hope we see you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. If going steroid-free ends up being really hard on you, I wonder if there’d be a way to time number 3 so the “crash” would come on at bedtime?

    ReplyDelete