Friday, August 3, 2012

READY

I've been in Aruba for a week now.
We leave in the morning.
A month ago, when we first talked about doing chemo, we decided to wait until
after this trip: get me rested and relaxed, give my stomach time to heal (it's healed, HEALED! completely closed... swimming in the ocean nearly every day WORKS MIRACLES)
The point was to get me strong again before the chemo started.

Well, I'm strong again.

This trip has done everything we had hoped it would do for me, and more.
I'm ready.

A month ago, when we set an oncology appt. for Aug 6, to get the chemo ball rolling, to schedule the surgery to install the port etc.
it felt like a million years away..."yeah, sure, I'll start chemo in a million years... no problem."

Well, that's in two days.
it's  a nights sleep, a breakfast, an airplane ride, a night in a hotel in Orlando, another airplane ride, and a night's sleep away.
and all this starts up again.

almost felt like I had woken from the dream.......................

not a dream, is it. I start chemo, probably  within the week.
It's about to start hoppin' around here...

1 comment:

  1. Still thinking of you and your family, Jeremy. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete