Tuesday, August 7, 2012

if there's one thing that's going to get me through chemo...

...I mean beyond the obvious:
my wonderful wife,
and my wonderful child,
and my wonderful family, near and far
and my wonderful friends,

besides all those things,
if there's one thing that's going to get me through chemo it's rock climbing.

the last time I climbed was the last week of May. and at that time I was making some real progress.

but in the last two months,
on top of two major surgeries,
just the time away,
I lost a lot of strength
and stamina.

so...I went climbing tonight.
and I absolutely rocked it (pun intended)
IT WAS GREAT
big adrenaline

and I did much better than I thought I would. in fact, much much better.

so I'm looking forward to getting myself back up to speed.
the climbing is going to really help.


1 comment:

  1. Jere I am continually impressed with your positivity!! Thanks also for the dates, helps me keep track, looks like your trip was awesome, it was probably as hot here but unlovely. Talk soon, did m and d give you that book?

    ReplyDelete