Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's negative.


I couldn't wait until next week for the pathology report. Jeremy's appointment with the oncologist is Tuesday. That's a lot of days to wait.

I called the office today and asked for results...with Jeremy's go ahead.

It was negative, there was no cancer found! They removed a foot of colon and 23 lymph nodes and no cancer!!! Did you get that? NO CANCER!!!!!!!!

NO CANCER!!!!!!!

I was in the car talking on the cell phone which is illegal in our state and almost drove off the road. I can't explain the outpour of emotions that came from me when I heard that.

This has been so scary for me. Dealing with the mortality of my husband is not something anyone should have to go through, especially when we have such a long life to live together.

Now there's hope...

And time for a nap.

14 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes yes up yes..fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!! you guys have me crying again, but happy tears this time! LOVE yall!!! carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news, you guys! Hopefully you can sleep easy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news!! I can only imagine the sheer weight that's been lifted for you guys! Continued prayers for a swift recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God! Great news. I feel like this blog embodied the message of hope and I have been really feeling hopeful. So great. Now what? Monitoring for the long term? So happy and feeling such relief, as I'm sure you (all) are. Now just focus on healing! My mom had a foot of her intestine removed (volvulous..also rare) and was eating and dancing at my wedding 10 days post op!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God! Great news. I feel like this blog embodied the message of hope and I have been really feeling hopeful. So great. Now what? Monitoring for the long term? So happy and feeling such relief, as I'm sure you (all) are. Now just focus on healing! My mom had a foot of her intestine removed (volvulous..also rare) and was eating and dancing at my wedding 10 days post op!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooooooooooooray!!! Such wonderful news. So happy for you all. Jeremy, so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to hear this. I have been crying on and off reading this blog today, and now I am crying again. I am so glad you have good news. Sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the best thing I've heard in a very long time!! I am so, so pleased. I'm sure the relief and joy are overwhelming. Time for a massive party! Or at the very least, a truly expensive, ridiculous, indulgent date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT NEWS!! You guys are on my mind everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooo hoooo!!!! That is great!!!!! So happy for you guys!!!!answered prayer!!!!! Yesssss

    ReplyDelete