Tuesday, June 26, 2012

parental advisory: really really gross

Maya mentioned that one of the six zillion balls that we are juggling right now is the fact that the incision from the most recent surgery is starting to open up. its pretty superficial, there isn't any danger of my guts falling out... but it has to stay clean and dressed and it limits my movement and activity, if only mentally.

right now, here's my math equation:

more activity = more energy = more appetite = more healing

gotta have those things, and this open wound is getting in the way!

wanna see it?
don't say I didn't warn you ....































ARE YOU SURE??!?





























































gross. that's my belly.


5 comments:

  1. I had that happen with my incision when I had Izzy by c-section. Only horizontal. :} You're lucky to have Maya taking care of it. I had a home health nurse come in every day for 3-4 weeks (actually they were saints because it was excruciating at first and they were kinder than kind). I was sure my guts were falling out when it first happened. Freaky, isn't it? More of a medical education that you probably care for......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try not to laugh too hard.
      Blessings and healing for your exploding stomach ad infinitum.
      Hang in there, Gut-man.

      Delete
  2. It will heal. It looks bad but it will get better. I know it will! Over births / surgeries / etc... I had something look like that once, and it healed. Getting out is good! The Oregon summer could not be more beautiful today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, we've decided "Ah! Eeewwwww gross, OUCH! is the response for this one. So sorry you have to deal with this now too. Knowing our bodies are amazing and it will heal sure doesn't help make it better right this second. Your attitude and perseverence is pretty phenomenal...keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete